Powering the Economy of Ghana
The Volta River Authority has, since 1961, harnessed the resources of the Volta River to provide electrical energy for industrial, commercial and domestic use in Ghana, as well as transportation, fishing and recreation. - Read more
Update on Power Generation - Facts & Figures
Akosombo Lake Level
Friday, May 29, 2015
- VRA inaugurates Boards of subsidiary companies.
- Tender for the supply of 2016 calendars and diaries.
- VRA donates learning materials to its impacted communities.
- VRA allays fears of riverine communities in the Lower Volta Basin to control growth of water hyacinth.
- VRA explores opportunities in coal energy generation.
- VRA celebrates 54 years of powering Ghana and West Africa.
- VRA, TR Spain Sign T4 Thermal Power Agreement to generate 186 MW power.
- VRA launches Knowledge Management Portal.
See more news
Conservation Tip for the Day
Consider a laptop next time you're looking to buy a computer – they use less energy than desktop computers
Visiting our Plants
Guidelines and procedures on visiting our hydro and thermal plants. Click here to get started >>