Powering the Economy of Ghana
The Volta River Authority has, since 1961, harnessed the resources of the Volta River to provide electrical energy for industrial, commercial and domestic use in Ghana, as well as transportation, fishing and recreation. - Read more
Update on Power Generation - Facts & Figures
Get up-to-the-minute information on generation from our hydro and thermal plants.
Akosombo Lake Level
Monday, March 10, 2014
- President Mahama urges VRA to lend support to Guinea in the area of Power Generation.
- Akosombo International School: Senior High School Entrance Examination into Form One - 2014/2015 Academic Year.
- Tender for the disposal of unserviceable vehicles, Cat Backhoe and tractor.
- Tender for the Procurement of Works (Two-year contract for various works).
- Expression of Interest: Dredging and Aquatic Weed Harvesting in the Lower Volta.
- VRA lauded for prioritizing safety of Staff.
- VRA Board of Directors sworn into office.
Major programmes slated for the week are as follows:
|March 10||Technical Audit Exercise at NEDCo (Wa Area)|
Eye Screening Exercise for NEDCo Staff/Departments
Leadership Development Programme
Visiting our plants
Guidelines and procedures on visiting our hydro and thermal plants. Click here to get started >>
Photograph of the day
President Mahama signs the Visitors' Book during his visit to the Akosombo Generation Station on March 6, 2014. With him are Guinean President Alpha Conde (third from left) and Ing. Kirk Koffi, CE, VRA (first from left).
Photo by: Nathaniel Mensah (Corporate Communications Unit, VRA)