Powering the Economy of Ghana
The Volta River Authority has, since 1961, harnessed the resources of the Volta River to provide electrical energy for industrial, commercial and domestic use in Ghana, as well as transportation, fishing and recreation. - Read more
Update on Power Generation - Facts & Figures
Akosombo Lake Level
Thursday, March 5, 2015
- Rejoinder: More Power Crisis.
- Akosombo International School: SHS Entrance Exams into Form One.
- VRA - EBSI sign contract for operation and maintenance of thermal facilities.
- Energy Conservation is Everybody's Business - President Mahama.
- Congratulations Justice Angelina Domakyaareh.
- Chief Executive pledges support for quality Public Basic Education within Akosombo township.
See all news
Some programmes slated for the week are as follows:
March 2 - 5, 2015 : VRA Knowledge Management System staff sensitization exercise.
Conservation Tip for the Day
Consider a laptop next time you're looking to buy a computer – they use less energy than desktop computers
Visiting our Plants
Guidelines and procedures on visiting our hydro and thermal plants. Click here to get started >>