|The Akosombo Hospital provides medical care for its Staff and the general Paying Public within the catchment area and beyond. It is the only hospital located in the Asuogyaman District in the Eastern Region of the Country, serving all the towns in the district and beyond.
To be an Excellent Health Care Provider in the Country.
To provide and maintain an efficient and cost effective health delivery system that will adequately cater for the health needs of our clients using state of the art technology by friendly and highly motivated staff within a clean and healthy environment, whilst maximizing shareholders net worth at all times.
Our Core Values
- Quality Assurance
- Team Work
Medical Services Available
- Out Patient Care
24 Hour Emergency Care
- General Out-Patient Care
- In Patient Care
The Hospital has a sixty-three (63) bed capacity in four (4) fully air-conditioned wards with special side wards.
- Specialist Services
- Gynecological disorders
- Pregnancy and related complications
- Reproductive and Child Health
- Post Natal
- Child Welfare Clinic
- Family Planning & Contraception
- Adolescent Health
- General Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry/Teeth Whitening
- Replacement of Teeth/Crowns & Bridges, Dentures
- Oral Surgeries
- Visiting Specialists
- Orthopedic (Local/Foreign—Motec Life, UK)
- Dermatology (Operation Ghana Medical Mission), Ophthalmology (Germany)
- Diagnostic Service
- Specialize X-ray
- HSGI IVU
- General X-ray
- Chest, Abdomen, Pelvis, Hands, Legs, Dental etc.
- Ultrasound scan
- Laboratory Services
- Full Blood count & others with fully automated Analyzer
- Hb Electrophoresis
- Clinical Chemistry
- LFT, RFT, Lipid Profile, Cardiac Enzymes, Uric Acid, Amylace etc. etc. done by Fully automated
- BD FACS Count Machine for CD4 for HIV Patients
- Blood Transfusion Services
- Mortuary Services
- Pharmacy Services
We provide medicines that are;
- Of good quality
- Safe and
We provide individualized care and counseling on medicine use, to our clients. On site manufacturing of intravenous infusions and other pharmaceuticals. 90% drug stock.
- Art Clinics
- Birth and Death Registry
- Catering Services
- Laundry Services
We offer the following training programmes for various institutions;
- Ghana College of Physicians & Surgeons
- West Africa College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Community Health to Medical Schools in the Country,
- Elective for foreign students.
- Pre-clinical Nursing for Medical students
- Clinical attachment for all categories of nursing students.
- Industrial attachment for polytechnics/Other students
- Corporate Clients:
- National Health Insurance
- Volta Hotel
- Volta Lake Transport Co.
- Akosombo Textiles Limited
- GCB, Akosombo
- Mutual Health Insurance
+233 34 3020576
+233 34 3021200